The Pelican Island tour takes you through the internationally recognised Coorong Wetlands to show you the pelican breeding islands.
The tour departs from Jack Point and takes you past the pelican breeding island to the Young Husband Peninsula where a bush tucker walk through the sand dunes gives you an opportunity to stretch your legs.
On the beach the group searches for the Goolwa Cockle (Pipis, a tasty shellfish) which will be cooked to perfection by the guide as an entree before lunch. We then kayak back past the north of Pelican Island back to Jack Point.
- Minimum of 6 people required at above prices, maximum of 12.
- Groups of less than 6 people will have a minimum cost of $729.
- There is a 10% non-refundable deposit required on all bookings.
- A water proof camera is supplied to the group and photos from the day’s tour, along with a selection of Canoe The Coorong’s best photos and videos, are available for purchase at the end of the tour for $30 including the USB.
- All kayaking equipment
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Bush tucker walk through the Dunes
- The opportunity to see the pelican breeding islands
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides
|10.30 am||Guests arrive at Jack Point|
|10.45||Everyone on the water|
|11.30||Paddle past the pelican breeding islands|
|12.00 pm||Arrive at Young Husband Peninsula for lunch|
|12.45||Bush tucker walk through the dunes|
|1.10||Arrive at the Coorong Beach|
|2.10||Depart the Young Husband Peninsula|
|2.30||Kayak past North Pelican Island|
|3.30 pm||Arrive back at Jack Point|