- If the weather forecast indicates that the wind speed will increase to fifteen knots or above or that lightning may occur, then the Canoe the Coorong trip will be cancelled.
- The tours will be cancelled on all extreme or catastrophic fire risk days.
Deposit & Payment
There is a 10% non-refundable deposit on all bookings. If the tour is cancelled due to weather then this booking carries over to a new negotiated date.
Full payment must be received prior to the tour commencing. Participants will not be allowed on the water until full payment is made.
What to Bring
- Water bottle
- Long-sleeve shirt
- Walking shoes (that may get wet)
- Board shorts
- spray jacket (cooler weather)
- lightweight long pants (cooler weather)
Optional (at own risk):
The kayaks used are very stable double kayaks (Drifter 2s) (Contour 490).
There needs to be at least a one-to-one ratio between adults and children, so that children are under adult supervision the entire time.
Anyone under fourteen years of age must be accompanied by an adult (one adult per child is required).
Persons must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to sit in a kayak for extended periods of time (over 30 minutes).
Participants do not need to have kayaking experience. All techniques will be demonstrated before the tour commences.
Participants DO need to know how to swim, or be comfortable floating while wearing a PFD.
Kayaks are only suited to persons under 120kg weight.